Friday, January 11, 2008

Unreasonable

My upcoming Monday will be filled with financial scrutiny (at work, nothing personal--thank goodness), which, as you all may know, is much better than some sorts of scrutiny, and much worse than others. Anyhow, I don't know if I'll be able to sneak in a blog entry while some auditor is breathing over my shoulder, so here's a partial that'll have to do.

These are all from one extraordinary site; the kind of site that makes me wonder about the woman who would wear these...
Icy Diamonds Ring, $50,950



Emerald Ring, $192, 750
(such a completely bizarre ring, no?)



Turquoise, Ruby and Emerald bead ring, $79,300



with matching bracelet, $399,250




Moonstone, Turquoise and Calcedony Ring, $13,200
(I actually kind of like this one, but it's a touch out of my price range)


16 comments:

WendyB said...

I like 1, 3 and 5. We have to find the women who buy these and let them know that they can get TEN of my pieces instead of one of those. Humph.

Jill said...

That last one is so nice and I could imagine myself wearing, a cheaper, fake stone version.

maverickandlove said...

omg.. you could buy a car.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I would rock the bizarro emerald ring...if I was rich of course. And then I would wear it with a completely thrifted, frayed hems outfit out of irony.

Unknown said...

those are all a completely fantastic trip (a phrase I stole from Preen magazine)... I'd almost rather have framed pictures of all of them than one ring...

Mónica said...

the first one is my favourite, it's really beautiful. however, I think I'd feel scared of going out the streets with that piece!

Bobble Bee said...

what amazing pieces!! wow... my eyes are blinking

Anonymous said...

Haha, these are so random. I like the first one, it looks like icicles or something.

WendyB said...

You've never done anything mean to me...but I've tagged you anyway. Sorry!

LoveHateSensation said...

These rings are really extravagant. I guess if you have the money you should spend it huh...

the bizarre ring is kinda cute in an odd way

hannah said...

the first one is incredible.

but if i saw someone with it, i would probably think it was cheap and fake, because they are just too much.

peace

LDF said...

The second one down looks like it is giving birth.

Vintage Bunny said...

I wish I could have those sitting in my jewelry box!

Sharon said...

I mean, wow. That last ring, especially. Holy of holies! Good luck with the auditing.

Do you know Moss Mills? (I'm sure you do, I only just discovered it). I like their stuff, wondering if you know of any other designers in that price range who do similarly styled precious-y stuff -- I'm especially in love with the various heart necklaces. Please advise if you can!

riz said...

The qst ring is a dead ringer for the surrealist trend...I can't belive some of these price tags!!!

Anonymous said...

BUY ME ALL OF THEM NOW DAMMIT!!! LOL