Friday, January 4, 2008

Cold/ Gold

My feet have been mercilessly bound in socks for the past two days due to ridiculous temperatures in the area, but as soon as I heard 37 degrees this morning on the radio, I knew it was time for flats again. Unfortunately, the socks must have done something, because now my feet are freezing and I have to spend lunch looking for socks or something. (I am cringing at the thought of flats with socks. Bad grandma style. And not bad as in naughty.)

Anyhow, top three songs for me this week (links to myspace pages--you will love at least one of these songs, promise):
1. "That's Not My Name" The Ting-tings
2. "2080" Yeasayer
3. "New Soul" Yael Naim

Friday Favorites:


Citrine Horseshoe Earrings by Yen Jewelry, $65




White or yellow gold one-of-a-kind initial necklace, $1,560




White kingdom Ring (Sterling silver integrated 9K rose gold ring inlaid a rose cut moonstone) by Artisanimpact, $92




Long Petal Citrine Earrings, $775

14 comments:

WendyB said...

I've just been avoiding the cold by staying home!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

That kingdom ring is so appropriately named.
It is getting bitter cold here too lately. I just avoid going outside...

Sharon said...

I can't tell you how much I love Yael Naim. Love, love, love. Thank you! Also, suggestion for the sock-flat debacle: if you go to Payless you can find those really thin and completely skin-colored (not Grandma at all, I swear) knee high sock-stockings that I always wear with flats in the winter/spring when it's too cold to go bare. Maybe?

Flair said...

It was -4 here the beginning of this week, but we are in the double digits now, and it feels so warm! I love your new icon, BTW.

Sarah Brown said...

My parents got me some SmartWool socks for Christmas and I can't take them off.

Those initial pendants are beautiful, and I'm not usually an initial person. Look at you, Jenn, breaking down my boundaries day after day!

riz said...

Wow, your post just provided me with the reality check that I TRULY live in the South!

Love the 1st 2 pair of earrings

Unknown said...

Love the pieces! They're all so complicated but simple at the same time...

It's been terrible here too, but I actually went without a coat yesterday. American Apparel's somewhat dubious image is overshadowed by the awesomeness of flex fleece. Thanks for the luck, it must have worked because they did knock me all the way out :)!

jewelboxdreams said...

I love the last pair of earrings. Although the initial ones are pretty cool too.

Lauren said...

oohh i love 2080!
i should check out the others too :)

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

It's been freezing here like -32 celcious i'm not sure what that is in F but anyway it's damn gold.
Love all the items you found, especially the pendants, i'm drooling over them!

Mónica said...

I like the petal earrings, they are so elegant. The Rings book sounds interesting.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could try those stockings that go to your knee. I think they have another name... But anyways, they're like socks, but look like stockings, so maybe that would keep your feet warm without looking silly?

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

2008 FASHION BLOGGER AWARDS ARE HAPPENING, PLEASE FILL OUT THE NOMINATION FORM @MAHALOFASHION.COM

Thanks,

Jen

In Yr Fshn said...

Wendy: Why didn't I think of that?!

TCL: It's lovely, isn't it?

Sharon: Yay! I love that you love Yael. And I shall try the socks! hanks for the suggestion.

Lady N: Thank you! I hope it's super warm for today--it's almost 60 here!

Sarah B.: If I wore socks, I would totally get those. Unfortunately, I've got a weird sock.. not phobia, but distaste, I guess. It's even weirder because I used to collect socks in high school.

Riz: Am so jealous over here!

Okay, my page keeps freezing, so let me say to all of you: Thank you for the comments! Stay warm!