Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday Favorites: The Purple in Spring

Songs I am digging this week:
1. "Expectations" by Cut Off Your Hands (You tube video)
2. "Naive" by The Kooks (not new, but I have loved them for a bit now... hoping to head to the show next month in Brooklyn)
3. "What's a Girl to Do" by Bat for Lashes (If you haven't already, this video is a MUST WATCH)


1940's Amethyst Cocktail Ring, $625


Amethyst Chandelier Necklace from the Met Museum Store, $75
"Our Amethyst Chandelier Necklace is based on an earring, dating from about 1600–1640, that was part of the famous Cheapside Hoard uncovered in 1912 near St. Paul's Cathedral in Cheapside, London. Produced in cooperation with The British Museum, London.
24 kt. gold-plated sterling silver, with faceted amethysts and pink cultured freshwater pearls. Length 16 1/2 in."




Bent Key Ring, $23




Vintage Purple Rhinestone Pin, $22




Alexis Bittar Amethyst Cube Earrings, $195


12 comments:

s.i. michaels said...

The video makes me think of Donnie Darko. Love Bat for Lashes.

Flora Korkis said...

Oh my! Wow! I love that first ring. I need some of that!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

They are all so lovely. The bent key ring I really like.

Sharon said...

How lovely! Amethyst is my birthstone, and purple is one of my favorite colors to wear: Prince approves, no? That cocktail ring is so lush.

WendyB said...

Amethyst is always pretty! Have you done a blue topaz post?

Sarah Brown said...

I LOVE that video. I'd forgotten it, thanks for the reminder!

In Yr Fshn said...

Ambika: Ditto. And either knowingly or unknowingly, you corrected me, which I thank ye for. I always add an "s" to Bat.

Flora: Me too!

TCH: And it's pretty affordable, which charmed the hell out of me.

Sharon: Man! Now I wish I had called this post "Prince Approves!"

Wendy: Not yet. The amethyst just makes me think of spring, and after all this warm weather... I shall do blue topaz though! Those are relatively easy posts and I'm scared of getting blog-burnt-out.

Sarah B.: My pleasure! I love it too... she's so seductive.

Unknown said...

That Met Museum necklace is great! I must restrain myself from watching the video, I've got to listen to all the music I downloaded today first!

Camilla said...

wonderful.

riz said...

Love the bent key ring...

saray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
saray said...

i love the color combenation between the gold and the purple!