Wednesday, January 2, 2008

In A Row

Happy New Year, everyone!

I know posting has been sporadic around these here parts, and I apologize. My lesson to you: never underestimate your boss's fear of contagion. Even though I wasn't even so sick anymore, I was told repeatedly not to come in. Geez, complex much?

Anyhow, the computer has come back to life (yay!) and everything is fully functional, including my desire to post lots of jewelry.

Last time, I talked about the awesomely thought-out present the BF gave me. The subsequent decision: to return it, which I did today, but not before snapping some photos, for comparison sake.

Here's how it looks online:

And here is how it looked sitting on my desk this afternoon:

Not quite as crisp, or even recognizable. It was hard for me to capture details, but let me tell you the stitching was not all that. There were little pulls and snags on it. My fear? That elderly people would be staring at my chest going, "And what is that honey? A pillow with holes? Black cheese?"

Perhaps I exaggerate, but surely you get the point.

Anyhow, I've missed themes and Friday Favorites galore, I know. But we are back on track starting today:


Antique Uncut Diamond and Ruby Ring (1880), $350




Danielle Welmond Chalcedony Necklace crocheted with vintage metallic thread, $320





Crystal Crater Bracelet by Subversive Jewelry, $1,195



And finally, I want to thank the lovely and ever-so-stylish Clothes Horse for naming me one of her top Five Thinking Bloggers. What a fantastic way to start 2008!
Per the rules of the Thinking Blogger Awards, here are my top five:
* Que Sera Sera: She writes about everything under the sun, and wonderfully too.
* (Into) the Fray: Makes me ache for Seattle and DIY-ness.
* Jewel Box Dreams: A fellow jewelry lover with an obsession for initials.
* Valley Girl: Soap opera extraordinare.
* Queen of the Posh and Broke: Best style pics on a blog. Nice and concise.

11 comments:

WendyB said...

Wow. That cat mask thing is shameful. I wonder if they even bothered photographing the piece or just did an illustration for the online image -- it looks so different. Your BF is very thoughtful though.

In Yr Fshn said...

I know, right? Thanks for backing me up on this one. I couldn't tell if I was just being too picky...
He is incredibly thoughtful--I feel so guilty, I've made sure to tell him a million times!

Sally Jane Vintage said...

It definitely doesn't live up to the picture. Bummer!

jewelboxdreams said...

The picture from the online store is screaming touch up. Pity :(
Mille grazie for the mention :)

Sarah Brown said...

Aw, you're the best!

And that necklace, with vintage metallic thread... ooh la la!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thats really unfortunate that the necklace didn't turn out quite as you had hoped! It does look quite lovely in the first picture, doesn't it? The holes for the eyes in the actual piece are quite horrendous! At least your boyfriend gives very thoughtful gifts :)

Unknown said...

Og man, that sucks about the necklace! I was thinking it'd be enamel, not something which required stitching!

riz said...

I really like Subversive! Incidentally that book on Rings on your sidebar looks terrific...

s.i. michaels said...

The mask looks *so* different. I don't think you're being picky at all--it really looks more roughly done--which is why I *never* photoshop my jewelry pics. People should know exactly what they're getting.

Anyhoo, thank you for picking me! I'm super flattered.

Valley Girl said...

Wow! Thank you so much!!! Great finds in this post, btw! I love, love, love that Welmond necklace!!!