Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Lucite Season

Sometimes, the lucite gods just smile upon you. Remember when I wrote about lucite? Go read up if you need to refresh your memory: HERE .
(I know the photos are missing, sorry!)

Anyhow, I was tooling around on ebay today under my favorite search "lucite jewelry vintage" and came across the most amazing 70's pieces. Ooh, i don't know if I'll bid, but I'm just happy to have photos. Actually, I may try and swipe that peppermint...


Embedded Pistachio Pendant



Embedded Pretzel Pendant



Embedded Peppermint Pendant



Embedded Good and Plenty Pendant

All are at an affordable $4.95 under seller .
I've been waiting a while for a decent ice cube tong pendant:


...and this seller is also offering one. I hope I win it! All this stuff makes me feel so Ice Storm.

And take a gander at this set:


Watch Parts embedded ring and pendant

9 comments:

Lauren said...

come of those are really funny - the pretzels - but some of them could actually be really cool!

Vintage Bunny said...

They are pretty.I like that ice cube one!

Flair said...

I love unique vintage jewelry like these! Great find! If you do decide to bid, you should post about it.

Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

They cute!

WendyB said...

They're all good but the pretzels are hysterical! That would definitely be a piece that you wouldn't have to see on everyone else. "You won't see yourself coming and going," as my late business partner used to say. I'm scared that your lucite photos disappeared into cyberspace forever. If anything goes wrong on my blog, I will have absolutely no idea what to do.

In Yr Fshn said...

As Lady N suggested, I'll post about my bid, but let me tell you all right now that I won the ice cube. Now I'm a bit scared because I re-read the description and it says "HUGE pendant." Ah, well. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks everybody, for the comments!

Wendy, I think my photos did disappear, but I saved these differently, so they should hang around. I'm still bummed about that. With these pieces, you have to wonder if there's a reason you are the only wearing them...

WendyB said...

Yay for the ice cube! I love huge pendants.

Fashion Tidbits said...

cute pendants! i'm also fascinated about lucite heels as well :)

Danielle said...

These are to die for! I make resin pieces, but these are one step beyond resin!