Monday, October 15, 2007

Junk Bin: Part II

I've always loved photos, and the things they say not only about the subject, but about the photographer. Some interesting (and maybe not so interesting) shots came from this weekend's events. While I'm working on the jewelry post, here's to a fine fall weekend:


I know it might be hard to see scale here, but this dog was literally the size of a bear. That bench next to him? That wasn't a kiddie bench, people. W. 13th street, by 5th Ave.


They looked like leaves and I probably thought they were until they moved en masse and bf was like, "Whoa! Do you see all the birds!?"


Crisp, sunny day and I hadn't opened all the curtains yet. Picture is proof that I want to come back as a cat.


This overwhelms me. I took pictures of all the books and bookcases in our living room and then thought about weeping. We're going to need to move ALL OF THIS early next year. Also, any good bookcase recommendations out there? We're overloaded and need more.



My mom bought me this Anthropologie dress for Christmas last year and I still have not worn it. Here, it came thisclose to going to a party on Saturday night, but was ultimately deemed too fancy (me) and too summery (bf).

8 comments:

WendyB said...

Oh, I love the dress! You could have worn it with boots to de-summer it.

In Yr Fshn said...

I actually do not own a single pair of boots! I know! Travesty. I just have never found a pair I really liked. I had burgandy tights and black flats on with it, but couldn't find my black cardigan, which probably would have made it okay.
Anyhow, thanks! I love it too.

WendyB said...

I'm reeling over your boots news! How can this be? Separately, your bird picture is very Hitchcockian. One time I saw a tree that was unusually infested with birds but when I looked closer, they were all robins! Not very scary. "We will slay you with our cuteness! MWAH HA HA!"

LalaLiu said...

i love that dress too!! aww that dog is so cute even if it is the size of a bear. reminds me of beethoven :D

In Yr Fshn said...

Wendy, I was almost afraid to say anything! It's truly embarrassing. I keep thinking, hey, maybe boots won't be such a big deal next season and then, of course, they totally are.
LOL, but lots of any bird type can be a little creepy! Creepy cute is a valid reaction. Think Hot Topic.

Lalaliu: Thanks! He is very beethoven-y. And seemed so sad to be so big.

Flair said...

I have this great HUGE bookcase that is 8x10 from IKEA, it looks very chic and has held up pretty well - I love it! Check out IKEA for lots of options.

stacy said...

I was totally planning on commenting on your photos, and how much I love when people let me see their lives through THEIR lens...but then I started reading about the 'boot travesty!'

I so did not want to buy boots FOREVER, because nothing really caught my eye that didn't look like everything else out there! Then, last fall, out of no-where, appeared the most fabulous pair of red patent leather boots! I knew very few women of Toronto would have the balls to try and pull them off, so I immediately snatched them up!

I should post a photo of them for you to see. They would look great with that dress.

In Yr Fshn said...

Stacy: You should totally post a photo! Because I don't wear them, I'm a tiny bit clueless as to what outfits would really make an outfit. I'm really going to try for a pair this winter... we'll see how it goes!

Lady N: I thought of Ikea and will definitely be looking there, along with West Elm. Thanks for suggesting!