Monday, August 27, 2007

What's the Time?



Some Jedis at the NY Comic Con this year

The watches I end up loving are often sleek, simple and modern. Like something from Star Wars. Sometimes, I have a weakness for cheap plastic ones with generic Japanese cartoon characters on them, but that's a guilty pleasure and I try to restrain. (So much so, that--and my boyfriend can vouch on this--I will go to the store and lovingly handle these little watches with their pigs in bow ties and baby chicks with eyeglasses. Yet I will not buy.)
Anyhow, my "bookmark" list is heavy with websites under the category WANT and many are specifically saved for watches. Here's a few of my favorites.

*Sadly, no vintage here. I prefer to find vintage watches in real life and have not found any websites that I can navigate easily online...



Rayna Watch, $130
(Comes in tons of colors...)


Time Line ELECTROLUMINESCENT WATCH, $150



Skyline cuff, $75




Masayuki Kurokawa Translucent Watch, $125



Bo Hansen digital wristwatch (small), $240


Jensen Chronograph watch, $390


Nooka Zot V Watch, $295 (LOVE!)



Bango-Time Watch, $260



SPACE LED Watch in Brushed Stainless Steel, $125


Sweet - Gold Metallic Swarovski Crystal Frame Dress Watch, $175



Tokyo Bay Carnaby, $30
(On sale! I have this in aqua and it's lovely)

My favorite:

Veiled Ladies Watch by Starck, $150

After all this, you may be saddened to discover that my favorite wearable watch is a cheapy stainless steel casio that I love with all my heart. It goes with everything and rarely breaks. It kind of looks like this:


The wonderful bf helps to keep me in watches every holiday, and he's gotten me some lovely ones that I am scared to scratch!
Honestly, their gorgeous faces generally mean I can't read the time, but who cares?!
They look good and that's what matters.

8 comments:

WendyB said...

I like the Starck too!

In Yr Fshn said...

Yay! I think it's so cool. Not everyone knows about my first and last faves thing, so I had to point it out this time. I would marry Phillip Starck based purely on his watch designs.

WendyB said...

LOL! The face of that one is so subtle. Very nice. Alas, I hardly wear watches anymore because they seem to clash with the four or five rings I'm always wearing.

In Yr Fshn said...

Oh, I'm so with you on the clashing front (as well as the desire to wear a lot of jewelry at once front)!
I do the Chanel thing (I think it was her?) and when I'm ready to go, I look in the mirror and usually end up taking one item off. How do you type and wear all those rings? Doesn't hinder?

WendyB said...

LOL...the minute I come home, I rip off all jewelry before I do anything else. Even I need a rest once in a while :-) But I can type with anything except the giant Zang Toi flower ring. That would be going too far!

Lauren said...

i love the 1st one, the all white one and the dark green one - great picks!

In Yr Fshn said...

Wendy: I can only imagine! My limit is probably three pieces and even that drives me a little crazy sometimes!

LML, I like the green one as well! As I've mentioned to Wendy, the first and last pic are usually my faves (though not always)!

shallomj said...

Ooh, I like the Skyline Cuff.

Great blog, BTW! :)