Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Mood Rings



On a recent vacation to Cape Cod, I found Mood Rings all over the place, but they looked like distant cousins of the kind I liked as a kid. They came in a variety of shapes--from animals to hearts to the basics, with really lovely trims. My grandma was even getting into the act, neglecting to give me directions as I drove aimlessly because she was too busy trying to figure out what color hers was turning.
I can't see why they wouldn't make a comeback. It's been a couple of years since the last go round and they are rather stylish nowadays. The one above set me back about $4 and has an adjustable stainless steel band, but the design is really modern and it dresses up and basic outfit. The added mood factor is priceless. ("Hmmm, let's see once and for all if I really hate this co-worker. Yes! It's grey/ yellow! I knew it! Thanks, mood ring.")


Cocktail rings have become quite a fad, perhaps one that will stick around as the rings lately have been beautiful, and affordable. This beauty, purchased in Chatham, MA, only set me back $30--more than worth it. Also, I should calculate the cost of the bitchy saleslady too. The ring actually cost me $5,000. But it's a great way to make a bold statement with a simple sheath.




I was right about grey for fall (and end of summer), so I think I should be right about mood rings too. Though nobody but my boyfriend really knows about the grey thing and there's a good chance he wasn't listening.

Anyhow, lucite had it's day.

2 comments:

Michael Nelson said...

Huh? Gray? I don't remember ANYTHING about that.

[quickly scans memory banks not used for baseball-related minutiae]

Gray? No, no, you never said anything of the sort! I'm quite sure of it.

WendyB said...

I adore that first ring...and the story about your grandmother!