Monday, June 7, 2010

Dropping By

Hello. Sometimes I stop by my old haunt and see what's been doing since I left; I marvel at the odd spam comments that have taken over like so many weeds in the cracks of a building and I get a little misty at the new comments, people who have taken the time to post even though it's been over a year since I last wrote.

Here's an update: I got a job shortly after my last post, and at first I was filling a position meant for two people, so I was burnt out and tired and only wanted to look at jewelry, not talk about it. Then we moved. Then I got engaged. I've been wedding planning a bit, or as much as I can without getting sucked into the vortex that is known as the bridal industry. It overwhelms me, so I even try to stay away from the computer for recreational use, because I somehow end up feeling hopeless as I look at pictures of some perfect garden wedding, where the bride found the perfect use of old aluminum cans and used paper towels.

If you are wondering, we got engaged in Cooperstown, NY over Thanksgiving (2009), first in local (and excellent) restaurant Alex and Ika, and then recreated in front of Babe Ruth in the Baseball Hall of Fame. The Fella's original idea was to get down on one knee in front of the Babe's statue, but they had moved him from the lobby to somewhere inside and, after two visits to the Hall of Fame in my lifetime, I was content to get a manicure in town while he browsed. The ring was his grandma's and vintage, of course, from the 30's. The camera pooped out last year and instead of buying a new one, I waste my money on Victorian rings, so you'll have to take my word when I say that it's awful pretty. And I cried.

And that's where I've been. Now let's get back to it. Just because I haven't been blogging, doesn't mean I haven't been bookmarking beautiful things and trying to pay for them by skimping on the caterer! These are for summer, for warm nights when you don't have to wear a cardigan, for earrings that graze your bare shoulders, for the sun still shining when you leave your cubicle for the day, for wearing bright colors since the days are so long:


Art Deco 18K White Gold, Diamond and Emerald Dinner Ring, $595




Antique Style Jade, Coral, Pearl, Lapis and Turquoise Earrings, $49.99




Petite Cobalt Peacock Cuff, $32 (We got one of these for my soon-to-be-sister-in-law and she never takes it off)




Natural Blue/Green Turquoise & 10K Gold Ring, $95





Lisa Levine Slinky Brass Necklace with Mixed Stones, $147.20



I hope you have been well.

30 comments:

WendyB said...

Hey lady! Lovely to hear from you! I miss you. Let's have dinner/drinks asap.

eeps said...

well congrats for christ's sake! do you watch say yes to the dress? bc i do, and i don't care for weddings or bridal stuff at all. that whole industry is like a car wreck. i can't look away.

Delaney said...

Hi! Glad you dropped by again. Congrats on the engagement and job. Gorgeous jewelry, as always

Heather said...

I really like the peacock ring.

Rebekah.N said...

Anyone need any graphic design or blog design hit me up rebekah.newby@gmail.com

natali said...

amazing jewlss!!!

Tricia said...

Congratulations! The wedding shiz is overwhelming, I gave up pretty fast on the perfect wedding thing. I always thought I'd spend all my $ on a dress, and then I wore my mom's!

REBEKAH BROOKS said...

Oh my gosh, so beautiful. I love that Art Deco ring! We carry a couple art deco rings in our shop but none so extravagant and wonderful!! Congratulations on the wedding, so happy for you.

suzanne antique lover said...

I adore the antique ring!

shopping queen said...

thought you ladies might like these pieces

http://www.shop.com/Oscar+de+la+Renta+Art+Deco+Necklace-367047388-p+.xhtml

http://www.shop.com/Art+Deco+Crystal+Maple+Seed+Necklace-213110853-p+.xhtml

http://www.shop.com/Art+Deco+Brooch+Clear+Lalique-105358533-p+.xhtml

http://www.shop.com/Leslie+Danzis+Art+Deco+Inspired+Synthetic+Pearl+Crystal+Placque+Stretch+Bracelet+7+5-306257040-p+.xhtml

these pieces are so inspiring

fashion jewellery said...

I really like the art deco ring, the colours are lovely, good find!

beauty said...

the peacock ring looks rare, although there are some that looks the same but not exactly I really like it

Leash-ATL said...

Love the peacock bangle! Gorgeous!

artdecodiamonds said...

Love the emerald ring.. fantastic!

I adore this antique ring...

https://www.artdecodiamonds.com/products.php?id=2403

Entertainment Blog said...

beautiful collection of rings...

wholesale clothing said...

Love the emerald rings! so fab!

John Lewis Sales said...

i just loved Your ring n bangle

nepalese jackets said...

Precisely what I was looking for, thank you for posting .

susan said...

Wow,i love this bangle! this is the website for women to look beautiful everyday!
http://all4payday.com

information technology said...

this blog is very nice

jaipur property dealer said...

awesome post

Irish Gift Shop said...

Those were unique and attractive designs. I must say if it is given as gift then recipient would be very happy :)

Fashionistas said...

I love the necklace and the color combination. It look so timeless.

Alana Mitchell - anti aging skin care said...

Hi IN YR FSHN !!
Wonder full blog on fashion.I'd like some advice too.
In summer, your skin is exposed to external factors like free radicals, wind, harsh weather, stress, and the ultraviolet radiation found in sunlight.
people will appreciate if you can just add some tips regarding anti aging skin care to your blog, thanx keep up the good work.

Alana Mitchell - anti aging skin care said...

Hi IN YR FSHN !!
Wonder full blog on fashion.I'd like some advice too.
In summer, your skin is exposed to external factors like free radicals, wind, harsh weather, stress, and the ultraviolet radiation found in sunlight.
people will appreciate if you can just add some tips regarding anti aging skin care to your blog, thanx keep up the good work.

running on heels said...

Those are really pretty! This is a very informative post, and it is written very well and can help a lot. Like this product that we are selling it’s so chick! http://www.my-bagholder.com/shop/bagholder-pistachio-green-white/

Anonymous said...

I really love sparkly stuffs! That is why I have this bag holder I bought it here. It's so chick! http://www.my-bagholder.com

hamamet tacos said...

j'aime beaucoup tous ces accessoires.
excellent article .
merci pour le partage .

seo expert in nepal said...

nice blog

Susan said...

Hello! I simply would like to give you a massive thumbs up for the wonderful information you’ve got here about this post. I will be returning to your site for more soon.
pikdo